Please Subscribe Youtube| Like Facebook | Follow Twitter
Welcome to Python beginner tutorial series. In this article you will learn how to setup Python on your machine. Python is a popular and versatile programming language used for a wide range of applications, from web development to scientific computing. If you’re new to Python and looking to set up your local development environment on Windows or Linux, this guide will help you get started.
Setting up Python on Windows:
- Visit the official Python website and download the latest version of Python for Windows.
- Run the installer and follow the instructions to install Python on your system. Make sure to select the option to add Python to your system PATH during installation.
- Verify that Python is installed correctly by opening a command prompt and typing “python –version” without quotes. You should see the installed Python version number displayed.
Setting up Python on Linux:
- Most Linux distributions come with Python pre-installed. To check if Python is already installed on your system, open a terminal and type “python –version” without quotes.
- If Python is not installed, you can install it using your distribution’s package manager. For example, on Ubuntu, you can install Python by typing “sudo apt-get install python3” without quotes in the terminal.
Setting up Visual Studio Code for Python:
- Download and install Visual Studio Code from the official website.
- Launch Visual Studio Code and install the Python extension from the extensions marketplace by clicking on the extensions icon on the left-hand side of the editor and searching for “Python”.
- Create a new file by clicking on “File” and selecting “New File”.
- Type the following code into the editor:
- Save the file with a “.py” extension by clicking on “File” and selecting “Save As”. Choose a file name and save the file with the “.py” extension.
- Press F5 or go to “Run” and select “Run Without Debugging”. You should see “Hello World!” printed in the output window.
Python Beginner Tutorial Series
- Python Part 1: Setup and Introduction
- Python Part 2: Understanding Basic Data Types And Variables In Python
- Python PART 3: OPERATORS AND EXPRESSIONS IN Python
- PYTHON PART 4: CONTROL FLOW STATEMENTS IN PYTHON
- Python PART 5: FUNCTIONS IN Python
- Python Part 6: Arrays and Lists In Python
- Python Part 7: String Manipulation In Python
- Python Part 8: Object-Oriented Programming In Python (Classes and Objects)
- Python Part 9: Object-oriented Programming In Python (OOP Pillars)
- Python Part 10: Exception Handling in Python