Please Subscribe Youtube| Like Facebook | Follow Twitter
Welcome to Machine Learning Beginner Tutorial Series In Python. In this series we will learn Machine Learning in Python with code examples. Let us first understand Machine Learning and its terms.
Machine learning is a powerful field of study that enables computers to learn and make predictions or decisions without being explicitly programmed. It involves developing algorithms and models that learn patterns and relationships from data, allowing them to make accurate predictions or take actions based on new, unseen data.
Important Terms in Machine Learning
Supervised learning involves training a model on labeled data, where the desired output is already known. The model learns to map input features to their corresponding outputs. For example, predicting housing prices based on features like size, location, and number of rooms.
Unsupervised learning deals with unlabeled data, where the model aims to discover hidden patterns or structures in the data. It is useful for tasks like clustering, where the model groups similar data points together without any predefined labels.
Feature extraction involves selecting or transforming relevant features from the raw data to improve the model’s performance. It helps in reducing dimensionality and focusing on the most informative aspects of the data.
Model evaluation is the process of assessing the performance and generalization capabilities of a trained model. Common evaluation metrics include accuracy, precision, recall, and F1-score, which quantify the model’s predictive performance.
Python Libraries for Machine Learning
- A fundamental library for numerical computations, providing support for large, multi-dimensional arrays and matrices.
- Efficient mathematical functions for array operations.
- Crucial for data manipulation and preprocessing.
- A versatile library for data manipulation and analysis.
- Provides data structures (e.g., DataFrames) for efficient handling of structured data.
- Powerful data preprocessing capabilities.
- A popular plotting library for creating visualizations.
- Enables the creation of various types of plots, charts, and graphs.
- Essential for data exploration and presentation.
- A comprehensive library for machine learning tasks.
- Implements a wide range of algorithms for classification, regression, clustering, and more.
- Provides tools for model selection, evaluation, and preprocessing.
- TensorFlow or PyTorch:
- Deep learning frameworks that offer flexibility for building and training neural networks.
- Provide high-level abstractions for building complex models.
- Support for efficient computation on GPUs.
Machine learning, with its ability to make predictions and decisions based on patterns in data, has numerous applications across various domains. Python, along with libraries like NumPy, Pandas, Matplotlib, and scikit-learn, offers a powerful ecosystem for implementing machine learning solutions. By leveraging these libraries, you can explore and exploit the potential of machine learning in your projects and gain valuable insights from your data.
Next we will deep dive in to machine learning with python. So Python knowledge is necessary. Therefore it is important you follow Python Beginner Tutorial Series before starting this series.
Machine Learning In Python Beginner Tutorial Series
- Machine Learning Part 1: Introduction
- Machine Learning Part 2: Understanding Data Preprocessing For Machine Learning
- Machine Learning Part 3: Exploratory Data Analysis for Machine Learning
- Machine Learning Part 4: Introduction to Supervised Learning Algorithms
- Machine Learning Part 5: Introduction to Unsupervised Learning Algorithms
- Machine Learning Part 6: Evaluating Machine Learning Models
- Machine Learning Part 7: Deep Learning and Neural Networks
- Machine Learning Part 8: Natural Language Processing (NLP)
- Machine Learning Part 9: Recommender Systems
- Machine Learning Part 10: Model Deployment and Productionization